Friday, April 18, 2014

I Am A Caffeine Fueled Bundle of Anxiety

Thursday 17 April

So after a day and a half of binge-reading existentialism, huge overdoses of caffeine, and severe malnutrition based on a lack of time and foresight, last night I thought I'd died. Or I was dying. What even is this friggin life anymore?

Anyway. I woke up after an hour of solid sleep on the couch yesterday morning and was really confused and dismayed as to why I didn't get any work done Wednesday night. So I put on my lady clothes, bought two Red Bulls in the UMC, and spent two and a half hours at the library doing Work/Mostly I was trying to figure out What The Hell Am I Actually Writing About? That was fun. This was the library:
Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
I browsed the Twitter for a current event for Revolutions and it was pretty successful—because guess whose election season it is? Spoiler alert it's Algeria and other spoiler alert it's an absolute mess over there. There's corruption, election protests, huge unemployment, and a ridiculous ethnic divide. We could have a revolutionary situation on our hands over there sooner than later in my opinion, and that'd be nifty. Here's the link to the article I reviewed: Algerian Election Woo! (See I keep talking about politics because Crissie once told me that when I used huge words in conversation she had to look them up, and then HER vocabulary increased, so maybe the same thing will happen with civic action. I have dreams okay)

Anyway, I came home, ate the ten pizza rolls that would be the majority of the food I ate yesterday, and read "The Immortal Story" and "The Ring" by my girl Karen Blixen, and then took the bus back to campus while researching the political and economic climate of Algeria, which was nifty and people next to me thought I was going a bit mad. Whatever I'll be your president in twenty years and THEN you'll be sorry you didn't ask for a position in the Cake Department.

Anyway. Due to the lack of food and surplus of caffeine, I was shaking like a leaf during my presentation and my professor asked me if I needed a minute to calm down and I was like, "Dude I'm GREAT I just need more food than ten pizza rolls in me and probably a blood transfusion because of Red Bull reasons." But anyway. We learned about the Occupy movements in 2011 and it was pretty interesting—most of the issues, I hadn't realized, were on the Progressive ticket from back in the early twentieth century and that was nifty. It raises the interesting question of whether or not the global context of the world today prevents us from doing the same thing they did in regulating trusts and corporations, absorbing party issues to other tickets, and the national regulation of the economy that's not possible in the globalized planet we live on. Anyway.

I then huffed it up the hill to Nordic Literature, where on a scale of One to Cuban Missile Crisis of stress, I was at Bay of Pigs level. Woot. And if you want to read a really weird, incredibly sexualized story, then I'd recommend the story "The Ring" because really I STILL don't understand, and I'm the girl that has penises referenced around her on a daily basis. What even is this.

I rode the bus home because of time crunch reasons, thought deeply about the modern age whilst browsing Tumblr (and the BEARS BEARS BEARS song is still WAY too hilarious for me to handle coherently), and ate some Pesto pasta (the only other thing I ate yesterday, oops). Then I headed off to the library again, barricaded myself in the stacks, and wrote a 3,000 word essay in 2 and a half hours, and it wasn't wordbarf. Hella rad.

I then ended up talking with Crissie before beginning the editing process, and spent an hour doing that, emailing my paper in at 11:32 PM when it was due at 11:59 PM. Total editing time according to Word: 322 minutes (for those of you keeping track, that's five hours and twenty-two minutes for my TERM PAPER YO I'M GETTING GOOD AT THIS). I then walked home because the friggin Buff Bus DROVE AWAY FROM ME AT THE LIBRARY and the Boulder evening air was just so nice and calming and just yes. Yes yes yes. (I was in a Very Zen Place last night for some reason).

Then I ate ten more pizza rolls, tried to start this blog last night, and ended up staring blankly at the TV watching House for two hours. I couldn't sleep. It was bad.

Anyway, after that binge I'm hella pretentious about freaking existentialism. I also have to say when you don't approach it from the traditional feminist stance it's really quite interesting, and instead look at the politics between actual human beings and their struggle to survive in the modern age that always tries to put them down. It's fun.

Yeah. I'm going to enjoy my Friday night hanging out and hopefully watching Star Trek in any or all of its incarnations. Woot woot.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment